Things are changing!!! How many of you like changes? Probably not that many, right? Microsoft has decided to actually migrate their Hotmail infrastructure to Outlook Web. Not to confuse the Outlook native application.
Just recently I found out how difficult is to search through out my split archives. I found this recourse but, really doesn’t give me the information that I need in order for me to be able to merge my archive *.nsf files. So, instead here I am documenting how you can merger multiple Lotus Notes archive files.
- make sure that your folder structure is the same across archives. If is not, then create the folders in the archive where you will be moving the data to.
- backup your archives just in case something goes wrong
- create an archive replica where you would like to move the files to
- go to your workspace
- right click on the replica that you would like to move data from
- go to Applications -> properties
- Click on “Archive Settings…”
- Create a new setting.
- Click “Selection Criteria…” . In this case we are going to move any file that hasn’t been modify in the last 1 day.
- Check “Enable this criteria”
- Update the section “What Should Happen to the Selected Documents?” and choose the archive db where you will be moving this data to.
- Once you are done click “OK”, then “OK” again.
- At this point you should be back to the workspace. Double click/open on the archive db that you would like to move data from.
- Go to File -> Application -> Archive…
- Then hit “Yes”
- Let it run in the background until all your emails has been moved. Hit F9 to refresh window if you are not sure if all your emails have been moved.
- before saying viola … double check that everything has been move and then viola!!! enjoy having only one archive.
Let me know whether this documentation didn’t help you or not 🙂
today i just received the most legitimate scam in last year. is about a domain that i own and they would like purchase. this has been going around and around for people to purchase appraisals so companies could make some money. simply report the email as scam to who ever is your email system administrator.
here is the email information:
from Mark Allen (email@example.com)
subject Offer for your domain domainname.com
also here is how the email comes out like:
We are interested to buy your domain name domainname.com
If you already have an appraisal please forward it to us.
As soon as we have received your appraisal we will send you our payment (we use paypal for amounts less than $2,000 and escrow.com for amounts above $2,000) as well as further instructions on how to complete the transfer of the domain name.
We appreciate your business,
hope that helps reducing the amount of scam in the world!!!
university of phoenix will be incorporating thisd december 19, 2008 the new Gmail email interface. we will not longer be using their hosted email service. now with Gmail we will have more freedom to use outlook and other email clients applications.
i think this would be nice becuase now i could have outlook or thunderbird as my mail client to send and received emails at all time. before i wasn’t using their email system but now if they are going to be incorporating this then i gues that i’ll use my uop more than before.