about time microsoft finally release some type of documentation in terms of having their products being able to sync with mail, contacts, and calendars in the mobile area. now it will be a matter of centuries before they could catchup with google. 😛
Source Hotmail: Mobile – Instructions to get Hotmail on a mobile phone..
i recently just rooted my phone by following the tutorial below and it worked just fine 🙂
[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial (Windows) – xda-developers.
if you own a blackberry like me (in my current case pearl 8130) and you wish to be able to use skype and facebook chat then nimbuzz is your solution. there are all messaging apps available for msn, aol, yahoo, google and others. but you will not find an application for skype or facebook chat. skype is still under current development of the skype mobile client and facebook chat is mmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn, i don’t know. i don’t think that they will develop an application for facebook chat at the time, plus there are no rumors.
so why am i writing this to inform you something that you would probably already know, well because there is a mobile app for free that will be able to use skype and facebook chat at the same time plus other instant messaging clients. the program is call nimbuzz and you could go and visit their site (link below) in order to find more information about them and download their program in order to be able to use skype and facebook chat.
hopefully you will enjoy as much as i do. i absolutely love it.
Nimbuzz – Free international mobile call chat messaging with skype, msn & yahoo messenger, Icq.
PS: you will need to create an account with them and provide your mobile phone number. i thought that it was a scam, but is not. 😉
since february i’ve been a blackberry user. i really like my black berry pearl 8130, but the only thing that i don’t like at all is the memory. it is alright, i could live resetting my blackberry so my phone log will not be deleted. well anyways, sinse i got the blackberry i’ve all my email being send to my blackberry. now, i am working at this new company and i just configure microsoft exhange. so guess what?! i would need a blackberry enterprise in order for me to sync my blackberry with an exchange server. i don’t think that my company would like to pay $2,000 for a blackberry server that will sync my blackberry and theirs.
i started to do some research and i found this web How to set up a Blackberry with Exchange (without using Blackberry Enterprise server) and i tested it but it didn’t work. but, i found a way that you can configure your blackberry and exchange for free and be able to send and receive emails to your blackberry. it is really easy to do and all you need is to do some research about your phone provider.
- go to google.com and search for “blackberry webmail sprint”
just change sprint for your phone provider ex. verizon, alltell, etc.
- now you will have bunch of search queries. click on the one that is related to your phone provider in my case is http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
- login with your user name and password
if you don’t have. create one.
- after you login, click on “Set Up Account”
- put your email address and password that you want to setup
- then, click next
wait patiently… until is done TRYING to setup your account
- now, click on “I will provide the settings to add this email account.” THEN click “Next”
- select either, “This is my personal email account.” OR “This is my work email account.”
in my case is work email
- now this is the part that is tricky. the way i did it was selecting “Outlook® Web Access”. the reason why i chose that is because my URL of the company is not going to change. so select that one and then click “Next”
- now input, the exchange URL, user name, password, email address and mailbox name. in Exchange, the user name and mailbox name are going to be the same. but, of course this depends on how your Exchange server is setup. in order words, ask your server administrator ;).
- then, click “Next”, and congrats you are done ;).
after setting up your blackberry you should receive an emails saying that your blackberry has been compleate configure and you should be receiving emails like in 20 min. if this didn’t happen, go back and READ CAREFULLY.
the other day i was having problems with my blackberry pearl 8130 so i decided to wipe every off and start from scratch. first thing that i did was download all the apps that i had installed. i really do not remember names well enough so i wrote them all down on a piece of paper. then i backed up my contacts and calendar appointments using “Desktop Manager” and then NEW BB boy. then if you are sure 😉 follow the following steps:
- Backup your bb using “Desktop Manager”
Disconnect the device from your computer and do the following..
- Goto “Options”
- then “Security Options”
- then “General Settings”
- then hit menu key
- then “Wipe Handheld”
- now you will be prompt to type the word “blackberry”
- confirm, and you are done
now all you have to do is to wait until the blackberry restart it self and now you will have a blackberry like the first time you got it. good luck.