Just recently I found out how difficult is to search through out my split archives. I found this recourse but, really doesn’t give me the information that I need in order for me to be able to merge my archive *.nsf files. So, instead here I am documenting how you can merger multiple Lotus Notes archive files.
- make sure that your folder structure is the same across archives. If is not, then create the folders in the archive where you will be moving the data to.
- backup your archives just in case something goes wrong
- create an archive replica where you would like to move the files to
- go to your workspace
- right click on the replica that you would like to move data from
- go to Applications -> properties
- Click on “Archive Settings…”
- Create a new setting.
- Click “Selection Criteria…” . In this case we are going to move any file that hasn’t been modify in the last 1 day.
- Check “Enable this criteria”
- Update the section “What Should Happen to the Selected Documents?” and choose the archive db where you will be moving this data to.
- Once you are done click “OK”, then “OK” again.
- At this point you should be back to the workspace. Double click/open on the archive db that you would like to move data from.
- Go to File -> Application -> Archive…
- Then hit “Yes”
- Let it run in the background until all your emails has been moved. Hit F9 to refresh window if you are not sure if all your emails have been moved.
- before saying viola … double check that everything has been move and then viola!!! enjoy having only one archive.
Let me know whether this documentation didn’t help you or not 🙂