my dear friends, please watch this video because this is what i have to deal every day in my life being a computer guy.
since february i’ve been a blackberry user. i really like my black berry pearl 8130, but the only thing that i don’t like at all is the memory. it is alright, i could live resetting my blackberry so my phone log will not be deleted. well anyways, sinse i got the blackberry i’ve all my email being send to my blackberry. now, i am working at this new company and i just configure microsoft exhange. so guess what?! i would need a blackberry enterprise in order for me to sync my blackberry with an exchange server. i don’t think that my company would like to pay $2,000 for a blackberry server that will sync my blackberry and theirs.
i started to do some research and i found this web How to set up a Blackberry with Exchange (without using Blackberry Enterprise server) and i tested it but it didn’t work. but, i found a way that you can configure your blackberry and exchange for free and be able to send and receive emails to your blackberry. it is really easy to do and all you need is to do some research about your phone provider.
- go to google.com and search for “blackberry webmail sprint”
just change sprint for your phone provider ex. verizon, alltell, etc.
- now you will have bunch of search queries. click on the one that is related to your phone provider in my case is http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
- login with your user name and password
if you don’t have. create one.
- after you login, click on “Set Up Account”
- put your email address and password that you want to setup
- then, click next
wait patiently… until is done TRYING to setup your account
- now, click on “I will provide the settings to add this email account.” THEN click “Next”
- select either, “This is my personal email account.” OR “This is my work email account.”
in my case is work email
- now this is the part that is tricky. the way i did it was selecting “Outlook® Web Access”. the reason why i chose that is because my URL of the company is not going to change. so select that one and then click “Next”
- now input, the exchange URL, user name, password, email address and mailbox name. in Exchange, the user name and mailbox name are going to be the same. but, of course this depends on how your Exchange server is setup. in order words, ask your server administrator ;).
- then, click “Next”, and congrats you are done ;).
after setting up your blackberry you should receive an emails saying that your blackberry has been compleate configure and you should be receiving emails like in 20 min. if this didn’t happen, go back and READ CAREFULLY.