Not until today that I found the right article to be able o stream from my iTunes to any of my apple devices. Previously any time that I tried to make such a research, I found a bunch of apps that you would need to pay for and do some configuration on your PC or Mac. Well, the article below will go over that you can do such a sharing for free by just using Apple “Home Sharing”. … and let me tell you, it works slick!!! I was able even to stream my >15k songs to my devices :).
- First things first… enable iTunes Home Sharing on your PC so open iTunes
- Go to File “Home Sharing” -> “Turn On Home Sharing”
Login with your Apple ID and password to identify your Home Shares
With your Apple ID entered, click on “Create Home Share”
- Now let’s configure your devices….
- Go to “General” -> “Videos and scroll down and login with your Apple ID and password
- Open the Video app on the device.
- Then your shared library will show up 🙂
- Click on that library and you will be able to see all of your videos.
- Then click on the video that you would like to watch and enjoy
I’ve tested the steps form 5 through 9 using the Music app as well from my device. The only difference is is that you would have to click on “More” to make the switch from sharing library to local library on the device.