I am not responsible for any damages, data loss or any other strange computer behaviors.
- Ubuntu 7.10 must be installed in your computer
- Open your “Terminal”
- Type sudo do-release-upgrade –devel-release
- Wait until the new system is downloaded and installed
- Be patient now… it is almost done
- Now is going to ask you if you want to remove the packages that were installed in your computer type y
- Now reboot your system
- Congratulations, you are finish. Now will have the final version prerelease of Ubuntu 8.04
If you want to install Ubuntu 8.04 through “Update Manager” click on this link for the tutorial.
This tutorial will show you and teach you how to make thumbnails using a freebie called Infranview Thumbnails.
Steps to make an image to a thumbnail
- I downloaded this image form this website http://www.ikp.unibe.ch/lab2/ppnew/pp5/inborn_files/slide0021_image034.gif
- Open InfranView Thumbnail
- Find where your image(s) is place AND select image (s)
Before we continue, please go to Options > Set Thumbnail Options … I have my setting setup like this
When you are done just click OK
- Now, go to File > Select single thumbs as single images…
- Go to your folder using windows explorer and you should have a new file created with “filename_t.jpg” in the end. Here is an example.
You are done. Now you have your old image and with the new thumbnail.
If you are having any difficulties with this tutorial, please contact me.
Securing your computer it is beyond of just having an anti-virus. Couple of years ago, having an anti-virus would do everything for you to catch most of the viruses. Well, now that it is gone!!! Now in order to be fully protected you would need to have more than an anti-virus installed on your computer. Here I will introduce you couple of free tools that you could use in order to be more protected than ever.
One of the tools is Ad-Aware. This tool will scan for any time of malware and/or spyware that it is installed in your computer without your knowledge. The other tool that I will introduce to you is Spy-Boot Search and Destroy. This tool it is similar to Ad-Aware, but this one catches what Ad-Aware doesn’t catch. Last but not least, WinPatrol. This tool it is a registry tracker. What it does is that tracks the changes on your registry and asks you if you made that change. Because we know since malware its install in your computer without your knowledge with this tool you would be able to indentify if a change was made in your registry without your knowledge.
For more information and download about this apps, please visit their corresponded website. Ad-Aware please click here or visit http://www.lavasoftusa.com/single/trialpay.php. Spy-Boot Search and Destroy please click here or visit http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html. WinPatrol please click here or visit http://www.winpatrol.com/.