The other day I was on MS Excel and I wanted to have every other row colored, since it was really difficult to read due to the content that I had. I found a really good solution where all you would have to do is to
- Select the rows that you would like to color
- Go to Format -> Conditional Formatting
- In Condition 1 change it to select Formula Is instead
- enter the following formula =MOD(ROW(),2)=1
- Click on Format button
- When then new box opens up, click on the Patterns tab
- Pick the color that you would like, and then click OK.
- Now on the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click OK.
Then enjoy your colors on every other row 😛
Source How to use conditional formatting to shade every other row in Excel.