i recently started working on more XML data since i am trying to do more data transfer between databases. i use notepad++ as my main editor and i wanted to keep using it with my XML data without having the need of installing another program on my computer. i found out that that there was a plugin develop for notepad++ in order to allow me to use it as my XML editor. the problem was that there was no documentation on how to install what file and where. below you will be able to find the proper steps on how to do so.
NOTE: you need to have notepad++ installed in your computer before proceeding. if you don’t have notepad++ install you can click on this link.
- after you have notepad++ installed
- goto this link http://bit.ly/rcCK1N download these packages
- External libs -> ext_libs.zip
- XML Tools -> Xml Tools 2.3.1 r764 Unicode Beta1 -> xmltools_2.3.1_r805_unicode_beta2.zip
- when extracting the files here is where you will need to place them…
i am going to assume that you have installed notepad++ in it’s default directory which is “C:\Program Files\Notepad++”
- the ext_libs.zip will extracted on “C:\Program Files\Notepad++”
- the xmltools_2.3.1_r805_unicode_beta2.zip will be extracted on “C:\Program Files\Notepad++\plugins”
- now, if you had notepad++ open, restart it and you should be able to use the XML plugin …